So this gem right here is me at the ripe young age of 16. While looking for a picture to post I found so many Myspace days pictures lol. Anyway, you know how people say “How does it feel to be on year wiser?” I never know what to say in the moment but now that my 29th birthday is just around the corner I figured I’d collect my thoughts and figure out the 28 most important things I’ve learned in 28 years of life. While typing this introduction I still have no idea what my 28 things will be so this should be interesting. [2/19 Edit: this was posted much later than I intended..oops]
28. Strive to be a better version of you every single day.
27. Change isn’t so scary once you take the leap of faith to make that change.
26. Nobody’s opinion of you matters. Be confident in any and everything you do.
25. Don’t let the little things get to you.
24. Be grateful for what you have; there is always someone out there who has less than you.
23. Others cannot dictate your life.
22. Feel your fears; do not hide them then do what you fear anyway.
21. We must love, but love isn’t always enough.
20. Health is underrated, without health we have nothing.
19. My job is not my mission.
18. Relationships matter.
17. Not everyone will like you.
16. It’s okay to wait.
15. The grass isn’t greener on the other side.
14. Happiness hides in the small things.
13. It is never too late to change your path in life.
12. Happiness is a balance between letting go and holding on.
11. I’ll always be a little kid at heart.
10. You’re already good at doing things fast; try to do things at a slower pace.
09. If you can’t love yourself, you can’t love someone else.
08. Do not fear your breaking point, that’s when the magic happens.
07. Healthy relationships DO NOT consist of extreme compromise.
06. You cannot control other people’s reactions; you can only control yours.
05. Watch what people do, don’t listen to what they say.
04. Don’t waste words on people who deserve silence.
03. Your relationship with God is yours; keep this to yourself.
02. Letting go hurts, but growth comes soon after.
01. I’m still trying to figure it out.